Getting ready for your appointment
Please do not come to your vaccination appointment:
- if you are feeling unwell with fever, cough, runny nose or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19
- if you are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or have tested positive for COVID-19
- if you are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or
- if you are in quarantine.
If you have had another vaccine in the 14 days before your COVID-19 vaccine appointment, please let us know as we may need to reschedule your appointment. If you cannot make it to your vaccination appointment, please contact us to arrange a new appointment.
To keep you and our community safe, before and after vaccination, it is important that you continue to:
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people and avoid handshakes and contact with people outside your household.
- Stay home if you feel unwell and get tested for COVID-19. You must stay at home until your results come back.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use hand sanitiser.
- Always cough or sneeze into your arm or a tissue and put the tissue in the bin
- Download the COVIDSafe app to help health officials let you know if you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines, visit health.gov.au
You can also read this patient factsheet developed by the Australian Government Department of Health here.